Last night as I was contemplating eating something sweet before before, I decided to satiate my sweet tooth for the morning to which I had planned PANCAKES!! I’ll admit before my wellness journey I opted for the pre-made pancake mix as I could never get my recipe just right… but here I am today with something that worked so well for me!!
On a side note how could anyone not have fruit with pancakes? Maybe 6 year old me could scarf down a higher pancake to fruit ratio, but grown me is not okay with missing those added health benefits.
On another side note, opt in for organic, the purest of the pure maple syrup you can lay your hands on. I promise you’ll feel less guilty about drowning your cakes in them
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of arrowroot flour (or tapioca)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of cinnamon or lemon zest (I used lemon in this recipe it was deeeelish)
- Mix all ingredients together, cracking one egg at a time and waiting for it to mix before adding another. If too dry, add small amounts of water to desired texture.
- Heat crepe pan (really flat pan) with NO oil and on LOW*
- Place tbsp of mixture onto pan, spread out with spoon, and flip when air bubbles begin to form.
** I realized that having a super high temperature on your pan and cooking oil as you usually would with most dishes you make, make the pancakes crunchy and oily. Take your time with the pancakes and make sure you use a low temperature setting!
Tag me on Instagram if you happen to make this recipe! Love to see how they turn out! @girlmeetspaleo