Making Shakshuka for the first time! The tomatoes in this dish make this a perfect comfort food, and on top of that it took really 20 minutes to make which is always a plus. Here is how I made it:
- 3-4 Eggs
- 1 large onion
- 2 small red bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning
- 1 can (500ml) of peeled tomatos
- salt, pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium heat
- Dice onions and bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add chopped garlic and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add can of peeled tomatoes, breaking up larger chunks. Cook for 10 minutes and turn heat to simmer
- Create little openings in the mixture, and crack eggs. Cover and cook until eggs are finished.