During my days as a University student, I was a sucker for the classic coffee and cookie combination. I would have this combination almost everyday, even on days when I wasn’t too hungry; it just became a ritual. I was lucky enough to go to school near a vegan bakery that would sell the best breakfast cookies which became very clutch for my 8 am classes.
Hope you give this recipe a shot!
Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup nut butter, I used cashew
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately. You’ll need a whisk or a fork to break down the nut butter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Be aware that the batter is wet and sticky, but if its too hard to work with add additional oats about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Scoop batter with a cookie scoop or spoon onto parchment lined bake sheet. Press down slightly to encourage spread. Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins until the edges begin to turn brown.
- Let cookies cool completely before digging in!