Looking for another way to use plant based sausage, extra veggies in your fridge, or even eggplants? Especially with the latter, I get so overwhelmed with the size and wanting to use it up as quickly as possible. What I love about this recipe is it takes less than 30 minutes and it’s a great way to up your veggie intake in an inconspicuous way.
Plant Based Sausage and Veggie Spaghetti
- 1 pack brown rice spaghetti, or any you prefer
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 plant based sausages (I used beyond meat)
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1 green, yellow or red pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash chopped
- 1 jar favourite marinara sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or any cooking oil to a medium sauté pan. First cook plant based sausages according to package instructions. Remove from heat, chop into smaller bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add additional cooking oil to pan. Add onions, eggplants, zucchini and peppers. Let cook until soft. Feel free to add additional spices, but the marinara sauce will do just that.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package instructions. Make sure to salt the water
- While pasta is cooking, add marinara sauce and extra salt to pan with veggies. Add in the plant based sausage. Add some water in the jar (about a cup) and pour in the pan to thin out the sauce. Let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- When the pasta is finished, drain and rinse. Add into pan with marinara sauce. Turn of heat and mix pasta in well. Serve while hot