Side dishes are really the name of the game in my day to day cooking. Inspired by a local plant based restaurant, these tots are incredibly easy and make a perfect side dish. They pair perfectly with a spicy mayo or a sage cream sauce and let me warn you, they are utterly addicting so beware!
- 1/2 head of cauflower, chopped into florets
- 1 medium yukon gold potato
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- Break down cauliflower into individual florets. Chop potatoes into quarters.
- Boil cauliflower and potatoes until cooked through, check them with a fork
- Drain vegetables and when cool, place into a cheese cloth or thin dish towel. Squeeze as much water as you can.
- Mix all ingredients together and form into balls. If the mixture is too dry add a little bit of water until your able to form the shape.
- You can either fry them in oil until they are brown (achieves the crunchy outside and soft inside texture) or bake them at 375 until crust forms (15-20 mins).
- Serve with spicy mayo and vegan parm