Granola is one of those things that I feel EXTREMELY guilty of buying in the grocery store because it is incredibly easy to make at home. I find myself making this at least once a week and it is an absolute staple in a yogurt breakfast alongside some fresh fruit like berries. Many recipes include extra sugar and oil but I have created my own recipe that is free of these unnecessary additives. You are free to use other replacements in this recipe like different types of nuts and seeds, or agave/date syrup. Just make sure you add a little bit of water to really everything well together.
SUGAR FREE, OIL FREE, GRANOLA
- 1/4 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out mixture. Try to make a thick layer and make sure that the granola is touching eachother (one single layer)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. You can give it a mix half way through but it is not necessary.
- You are free to substitute other type of nuts instead of almonds and cashews.
- You can substitute agave or date syrup in place of maple syrup