This recipe is a rendition of something my mom used to make (still does) for those cold winter nights where you’re craving nothing but a warm hearty meal for dinner. With some variation of course – my mom would add potatoes and green beans – I found the recipe to give my mind and body that cozy feeling the moment I took the first bite. There is something truly remarkable about making a meal that reminds you of home.
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can (250ml) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 pack of zucchini noodles
- 3 dried bay leaves
- salt and peper
- Heat olive oil in large pot on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent
- Add beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides (5-8mins)
- Add remaining ingredients leaving aside zucchini noodles. Cover pot and cook on medium-high for 10 mins.
- Add zucchini noodles. Turn heat to medium-low and cook for additional 20 minutes. Enjoy!
p.s: this recipe works really well as a vegan or vegetarian option – just omit the beef and add things like beans or tofu for that added protein!