This is one of those salads I began making a loooong time ago. Why this in particular? Because to be honest with you I was never a “salad” person and the thought that I had to eat lettuce everyday as a vegan was one of those misconceptions I took with me when I began eating this way. I wanted to find an alternative to that that is packed with protein and would sustain me for longer in the day. Here it is!
FRESH CHICKPEA SALAD
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 2 green onions, chopped
- juice of one lemon and one lime
- olive oil
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate to allow veggies to saturated in the dressing.